04 August 2011

'Decorate' Book Review

Have you got your copy of Holly Becker's 'Decorate'? Holly is the author of the very successful blog, decor8!

Mine arrived in the mail yesterday, as a bit of a late birthday present. I had actually forgotten my son emailed me a Gift Certificate, from an online book store, for my birthday in June.

My mail order package also included 3 books by Pia Jane Bijkerk, who just happens to have been a contributor to 'Decorate'. I'll review those in another post soon.

I've been following Holly's writings and insights for a while now, even before I had started my own blog, but through Haus Maus, her other online presence. Earlier this year I joined many bloggers, worldwide, in Holly's eCourse, Blogging Your Way. 

'Decorate' has a wealth of creative resources and inspirations. Some of the world's best interior designers and decorators have collaborated with Holly, and her co-author Joanna Copestick, to bring us this absolutely gorgeous book.

The book is broken up into 4 areas:
  • Space Matters
  • Setting Your Style
  • Room by Room
  • and Attention to Detail
Leslie Shewring, another of the contributors, and Holly's co-facilitator of Blogging Your Way, has allowed the team into her home to photograph her daughter's room in Section 3, Room by Room. Check out pages 220 and 221.

Leslie is a freelance photographer and stylist from Los Angeles. Her blog is A Creative Mint, where she catalogues the most gorgeous mood boards and colour stories. The Los Angeles home studio where Leslie works from is also featured on page 73, in the Mood Board section of the book.

The authors have retained the photographic expertise of Debi Treloar to bring these inspirations to life. There are so many, so I thought I'd leave you with a little movie (60 sec) of me flicking through some of the pages and finish with some of the beautiful images. There is a music track accompanying the movie, so just check your volume control.













Every now and then throughout the book, you'll come across insightful quotes from designers and decorators. Here is the one from our own Shannon Fricke.









2 comments:

  1. Fabulous, Terese. I've had mine patiently waiting for me to read it for months now (I bought the UK version). So many delights await me. When life settles down here, I look forward to savouring it, page by page. J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE the wallpaper in the bottom two photos. Does it say where it's from?

    I'm saving up Amazon gift cards to order my copy. :)

    honeyandcheese {at} gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I value all comments. Hints & tips too, if you are happy to divulge them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...